– What did you do before the call of accounting and advisory administration?
I worked at McDonald's flipping burgers until half way through my uni degree at which point I was lucky enough to get a placement in a professional accounting firm.
– Describe the accounting stereotype
From the outside the stereotype is dull people behind desks preparing only tax returns day in day out.
– How does Wheelhouse break the stereotype?
You just have to spend a few minutes in the open place office to realise the team at Wheelhouse are a young, energetic bunch who work hard but also enjoy a laugh.
– What appealed to you about Wheelhouse?
The culture the Wheelhouse team have created and the exciting advisory work they perform for their clients.
– Where do you see the future of the profession?
I see a very exciting future for the profession, with the technology changes that have and will continue to occur, we will be able to deliver more real time value added services to assist our clients to grow and achieve their goals.
– What inspires you?
People achieving and reaching goals they originally thought they couldn't achieve.
– What would you do if you weren't doing this job?
Maybe running a racehorse syndicate or working as a wine making cellar hand for my wife.
– Where is your favourite place to be?
Anywhere that I am with family or friends.
– What is your definition of success?
Success to me is believing in yourself and having a go.
– Name one thing you can't resist?
Enjoying a cold beer while watching the Pies dismantle the competition.